Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Florida Roadkill by Tim Dorsey

Florida Roadkill (Serge Storms Mystery, #1)
Two guys on their way to a fishing trip in the Florida Keys have no idea that $5 million is stashed in the back of their Chrysler. But others do--including an unbalanced trivia buff, his brain-dead partner, and a cocaine-loving stripper. "Vulgar, violent, and gaudier than sunsets on the Keys, Dorsey's roadshow is some fun".--"The New York Times Book Review".

Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 28th 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published August 28th 1999)
ISBN: 006113922X (ISBN13: 9780061139222)
edition language: English
(Goodreads)


Review:


Dorsey’s Electric Barracuda has intrigued me from the first time I saw the cover.  I saw that our local library had the audiobook available for download, I looked into it, realizing it was number 13 in a series…so I started at the beginning.

Florida Roadkill is exquisitely irreverent, perfectly comedic, and gloriously vulgar.  It is written for men, and men (and ladies, too) should read this.  I wasn’t too sure about it at first, but ended up freakin’ loving this book!

David and Sean are on vacation.  They have no clue that they are wrapped up the chase for a stolen $5million.  Things happen, and the timing of everything is just so perfect.  Dorsey is good at what he does.  It’s fantastic and believable at the same time.

I am fascinated by the way Dorsey wove the various plot and story lines together! It’s hard to believe that they all intersect and cross at various and numerous points in the story.  I also loved the way Dorsey made fun of the 90s.  Parts of Florida Roadkill are very satirical (which I am growing to appreciate greatly the more I read satires).

To sum it up: If you haven’t read this yet…DO IT!


Get to reading,
signature 3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it would make a great movie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it would! Hollywood, get on it!!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!