Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (30)


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick This Week!
Oppression (Children of the Gods, #1)

Description

OPPRESSION tells the story of a young woman who discovers that she belongs to a secret society of individuals with extraordinarily long life spans and unusual abilities. Fearful of prophecies about their only daughter, her parents kept her hidden from the world – and the society – for as long as they could. But when their own untimely deaths leave her to fend for herself, the truth of her origins and the fateful prophecy find her at last. Joining the ranks of such widely popular works as the Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games, and the Mortal Instruments series, Mrs. Therrien's paranormal romance/adventure promises to be the next fan-favorite in its genre.
Above blurb is temporary (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Oppression
Author: Jessica Therrien
Publisher: ZOVA Books
Release Date: February 28, 2012 
ISBN-10: 0984035044
ISBN-13: 978-0984035045

Why I’m Waiting?

First, I love the cover! I know it’s another face cover but it is beautiful and luminous looking. Second, this sounds epic right?!?! I want to know why they live so long…and what are all these prophecies about? Yeah, I’m already hooked and I don’t even have the book yet!

What are you waiting for?
 Signature

17 comments:

  1. Wow I was not even aware of this book. Thanks for sharing because it is now on my radar. Just added to Goodreads.

    JJ iReads
    Check out what I'm WAITING ON this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one! Very intriguing cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover and blurb are enticing! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds solo good! Thanks for sharing with us! I also loved your review at Place of Reads. I've never heard ofnchristmas horror stories! Interesting.. Well new followe, have a great week!
    Katie @ Magic is in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think luminous is a really good word for it. The cover is definitely eye-catching. I've never heard of it but it sounds so interesting. Adding this to my TBR pile now. Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one. It looks like it could be really good.

    I'm always nervous with big comparisons like they've done here. I wish they wouldn't do that in the synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome choice, It sounds really good and like my kind of book. I too want to find out why they live so long. Added to my goodreads. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting! I want to know what this is about, thanks for sharing. I added to my list! Thanks for stopping by my WOW today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new to me too, but it definitely looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never heard of this one before. the cover is really pretty. adding it to my wishlist. great pick :)

    check out our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. haven't heard of it but this sounds interesting and love the cover as well...

    check mine HERE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for posting about my upcoming novel, and thanks everyone for your comments. I hope you like the book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This DOES sound interesting! And I love the cover! I'm a new follower :) Annmarie@World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, never heard of it. Let me see -- do I think I would like it? Absolutely. Sounds great. And I love the simplicity of this cover. Great pick. Thanks for the suggestion!


    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not heard of this one but it sounds really interesting!

    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard about this and looking forward to its release!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!