Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (27)


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick This Week!
So Close to You
Click image to go to Goodreads page.

Description

So Close to You brims with the compelling “what if” mysteries surrounding The Time Traveler’s Wife and all of the the action and creepy government experiments of The Maze Runner—and, in a new twist, presents a piercing look at a dark period in history and imagines what changes could have produced an utterly different world...and what one girl would do to stop it.

Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the experiments that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who’ve disappeared over the years. When she stumbles into a vessel that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, Lydia realizes that all the stories she’s ever heard about the Montauk Project are true—and that she’s in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history.

Alongside Wes, a darkly mysterious boy whom she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices. And if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them...and herself. (Goodreads)

Book Details
Title: So Close to You
Author: Rachel Carter
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: July 10, 2012
ISBN-10: 0062081055
ISBN-13: 978-0062081056

Why I’m Waiting?

Well, to start I am in love with this creeptastick cover! Is it not amazing? Totally drew me in. Then the synopsis sounds awesome. I love that I am seeing more and more sci-fi themes in YA! Makes me smileSmile

What are you waiting for?
 Signature

20 comments:

  1. oh, this one sounds fantastic! i hadn't heard of it before. just added it to my to-read list. thanks!

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks really good. Great pick Rebecca. =] I love Sci-fi too. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this book on my list for quite a while now. I love how it unique it sounds. A new reality? Great pick!

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cover. Cover. Cover. Cover. Cover. Cover.
    Oops. I think I just sounded like an idiot back there. Hehe
    But I can't help it. It looks really good. Hopefully, the story is just as well. Nice choice, Rebecca! :)

    I'd be happy if you could give my WoW post some love:
    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/waiting-on-wednesday-7/

    Thanks! :)

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would this be considered as, dystopian? And you're right, the cover does grow on you. Makes you wonder what lies in that little storm cooking up in the background there.

    Have an amazing reading week, Rebecca!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this cover too it's definitely creepy! Awesome pick!Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh that looks interesting! And creepy! I like it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the kind of frightening that keeps your eyes riveted, even as you want to look away...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, excellent pick! I've not heard of this one but I've made a note of it. It sounds really good! I love the cover too.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why have I not heard of this book before??? This looks AWESOME! Adding it immediately! And I agree, I'm liking the sci-fi increase in YA too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh sounds like my kind of story :) I will have to add it to my TBR! thanks for sharing! come check out my WoW http://tessmw.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-callum-harper.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cover, sounds scary.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like one of those books you start reading and can't put down (for fear of not being able to sleep if you don't know what happens!)

    Stop by and see what I'm waiting on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really good. I heardn't anything about this book. I'll have to check it out. Great Choice!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, the summary sounds so good and I LOVE the cover!!!!! New Follower! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow the cover and synopsis sounds great! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, this one looks really good! Dark & Mysterious! New follower - feel free to check out my WoW -> http://myenchantedbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. just added this one to my TBR list. It looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!