Thursday, December 8, 2011

Follow Friday (29)


Welcome to Follow Me Friday Hosted By Parajunkee.com and Alisoncanread.com

This Weeks Question:

Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

This weeks question is so hard! OK, so I have to keep this to books I have read this year that will be out in time to give, or I will be up all night…now to narrow it down more. I have read so many awesome books this year. In dystopian Ashfall by Mike Mullin is amazing! For fantasy I have to say The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson was wonderful. When I was ready to be way to scared to go back to bed I had Rob Blackwell’s A Soul To Steel to keep me company. In Middle Grade Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver broke my heat in two, sewed those pieces back together again and made the world a better place. Then when I was ready to fall in love I had a wonderful surprise. A paranormal mystery, A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter. After all the great books I have read this year there is one that I think was my favorite, and to be honest I think it was even a surprise to me.

Rot & Ruin 
I don’t think there was one thing about Rot and Ruin I can complain about. I love characters that stick with you, that you continue to think about after you have finished the book and that is what I got in Rot and Ruin. I can’t tell you how many people I have told to go read this book. It. Is. So. Amazing. I would happily buy this for everyone on my Christmas list if I could.

What books are you buying?
Signature

14 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Definitely agree with you on Liesl & Po. Incredible. Loved Girl of Fire and Thorns too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good book choice. You have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by The Demon Stole My Pencil. Stop by my blog to pick up your award and nominate 15 other blogs.

    Congrats!

    -Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover pulled me in! In fact it reminded me of another book Dust and Decay (zombie book).

    Happy Friday!

    New follower
    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasty : My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! New follower here. I've not heard of any of your books - can you beleive that? But that's what's so great about book blogs. If you'd like to pay me a visit I'm over at: http:\\elizabethbaxter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all new to me! Looks like I might have more to look into as always!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. have got them all and need to start reading them now.

    thanks for commenting on my ff post

    New Follower
    Aparajita@Le' grande codex
    CHECK OUT MY FF POST HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonathan Maberry is terrific. Great choice.
    New follower from FF.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of those books, but I got some new additions to my to-read list now!:)

    New follower from FF:)
    Nina at Lost in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, this is a GREAT list. some of these i have already but haven't read yet. and some of them i've thought about reading but haven't taken the plunge.

    i love the way you gave several choices and broke it down. you know how i love when something is broken down and listed out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zombies! Love them! But I haven't read this one yet! I will try to read this one soon! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked The Girl of fire and thorns, too. And I can't wait to read Rot & Ruin. :)

    I'm a follower!
    Happy Holidays!

    notjustnonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Help was my favorite book this year.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am I the only one thinking that this cover is a bit spooky? ;))
    But I'm glad that you liked the book. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!